The DoonyaKids Bollywood programming uses a mindful approach to dance with the goal to associate dance, fitness, and movement with joy.
Students will learn basic South Asian-inspired routines and movements with an emphasis on developing rhythm, body coordination and control, and understanding storytelling through dance.
While a full choreography will be taught throughout the entire session, classes will also incorporate freestyle and creative movement and dance games, breathing, and yoga.
This six week program will culminate in a virtual recital where each participant will perform as a group.
We are currently offering classes for the following age ranges:
- 3-5 years old
- 5-7 years old
- 8-12 years old
About the Instructor
Teaching this program is Doonya program founder, Kajal Desai, who has been teaching kids consistently for the last 15+ years and has created a unique program in the South Asian dance education and cultural learning spaces.
Kajal's class is known to be inspiring, motivating and nurturing for students. She has the unique ability to connect with kids and build an incredible foundation in dance. In fact, some of Kajal's former students have graduated to teach Doonya's signature workout and choregraphy classes.
The Doonya Kids curriculum is created based on mindfulness principles with the focus on the joy of moving in the moment. All classes will follow this same basic format though there may be small changes from week to week:
- Breathing and/or mindful grounding exercise
- Stretch to awaken the body (e.g., Surya Namaskar)
- Dance warm-up and basic step review
- *Younger Kids* - Dance game (freeze dance, pass the move, follow the leader, etc)
- Cool Down, final breathing, and Namaste
Total: $96 ($16/class) 10% off with promo code KidsSpring21 until 4/1
DoonyaKids is offered as a series only.
- 4/11 - 5/16: Classes
- 5/16 - 5/20: Video shoot for kids (more info available upon registration)
- 5/23: Virtual Recital
- 3- 5 year olds: 12:45pm ET (35 mins)
- 5-7 year olds: 1:30pm ET (40 mins)
- 8 - 12 year olds: 2:15pm ET (45 mins)